Loading ...

Student visa in the USA

Student visa in the USA


The USA is a metropolitan and multi-cultural city. Traveling from one state to the other, is like traveling from one planet to another. International students from all over the world seek studying in the united states and that’s because education system in the USA is one of the best quality education systems in the world. This country has top ranking universities in all courses of bachelor’s, master’s and PHD so that American university degree is credible in most countries. To study in the united states, like all the other countries, you need to have a student visa. You will need to apply for an F visa or an M visa based on your degree and the university of your choice.


Visa F1:


This visa is the most common type of US student visa. Students approved to study at American universities as well as English language courses, must have this visa.


Visa M1 :


This visa is suitable for technical and professional fields as well as participation in work courses.


Degrees in America :


In the United States, people can enter university after graduating from elementary and high school. Higher educations like most countries consist of bachelor’s, master’s and PHD.


Study bachelor’s in the USA :


International students must have their 12 years of studying in school certificate (equivalent to a diploma) along with English language certificate (IELTS band score of 6) to get admission to bachelor’s. students can choose a 2-year postgraduate course or a 4-year bachelor’s degree to study at their undergraduate level.


Study master’s in the USA :


International students must present their diploma (12-year school education) and their bachelor’s degree along with English language certificate (IELTS band score of 6) to get admission to this level.


Study for PHD in the USA :


PHD course in the USA is a research course taking 3 to 6 years. To get admission to PHD, not only students must submit their previous degrees of university and language certificate (IELTS 7), but also must be approved by a supervisor to study and do scientific research in university.


Work while studying in the USA :


According to the United States’ law students are allowed to work between 10 to 40 hours depending on their level of university degrees. Of course in holidays (summer vacation, Christmas…) most students get to work 40 hours a week. On average, you can earn about 8 to 10 dollars per hour of student work in the United States.


Living fees in the USA :


Living fees may vary depending on the city, accommodation and one’s lifestyle. Nevertheless, average living expense which is basically food, clothing, transportation expenses are estimated to be 1000 to 3000 dollars per month.


Tuition fees in the USA :


Given the vast geography of the United States and its various states, university tuition in this country is different. University tuition in US varies according to the degree, type of university (state or private), as well as state and city in question. On average tuition fees cost 2500 dollars yearly in this country.


Top universities of the USA :


Harvard university Stanford university

Massachusetts institute of technology (MIT)

University of California, Berkeley (UCB)

Columbia university

University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)

Yale university

University of Pennsylvania

Princeton university

Cornell university

New York university (NYU)

University of Chicago

Duke university

Johns Hopkins university

University of Southern California

Northwestern university

Carnegie Mellon university

University of Michigan

California Institute of Technology (Caltech)

Brown university

Boston university

Rice university

Georgetown university

Step by step getting a student visa of the USA:


What you need to do before applying for a visa :


  1. Passport

Every international student must have a valid visa issued by they own country. Passport must be valid in the United States for at least six months beyond the expiration date.

  1. Passport photo
  2. Money

I-901 SEVIS expense: this fee is 200 dollars for students applying F1 and M1 visa. Visa application fee: this fee is 160 dollars (all students must pay this fee).

Visa issuance fee (if required): this fee is only required for application of certain nationalities.


Step 1 : apply for admission to a university in the USA :


You can find the university of your interest with research and study about different universities and send them admission request. The university in question must be in the SEVP list (list of universities approved for visa)


Step 2 : get form I-20 from university


If accepted, the university will send you a form. In your form there are SEVIS ID (an identifier specific to the USA immigration system), university location, and other important information related to these courses.


Step 3 : pay SEVIS fee


Pay online, once you receive form I-20 from the university.


Step 4 : find the nearest US embassy or consulate


Apply for a student visa through the nearest US embassy or consulate


Step 5 : complete form DS-160 online


Complete the non-immigrant form known as form DS-160 online


Step 6 : plan for your visa interview


After sending DS-160 form, call to your nearest US embassy or consulate to make an appointment for your visa interview.


Step 7 : pay the visa application fee


Pay the 160 dollars requested fee


Step 8 : participate in the visa interview


The last big step in getting your student visa is the interview. This interview is a determining factor to get US student visa.


Step 9 : get the visa


If accepted in the interview, at this point, according to your country of residence, pay the visa issuance and receive your visa.





Get in touch with us


Head Office:

Sydney, Australia
Level 35, International Tower One
100 Barangaroo Ave, Sydney, NSW 2000

Phone :
+61 1300 624 625  


Melbourne, Australia
Address: Level 40, 140 William St, Melbourne VIC 3000


Tehran, Iran
Address: No. 22. Mirza Hassani Alley, Ghaem Magham St
Phone :
+98 2188105507-8


Kish Island, Iran

Address: The 4th floor, Mona Tower, Kashani Farid Boulevard


Dubai, The United Arab Emirates
Address: Level 41, Emirates Towers, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai






     Business Visas

Family Visas


     Work Visas

     Partner Visas

Employer-Sponsored Visa

     Other Visas





 PGWP    Most new Express Entry...



     The association of ...



     7000 Australian visas to ...



Sign up to our visa point for surveys, recent updates & offers.


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

FOLLOW US :      


کالای شما به سبد خریدتان اضافه شد